Director, Government and Public Affairs
In his role with Enterprise Holdings, Jon provides strategic guidance and direct support in the areas of government and legislative affairs, for Enterprise’s network of transportation services. Given his 40 years of experience in working with Congress, the USDOT, state DOTs, public transit agencies and Metropolitan Planning Organizations, his primary focus is on federal transportation policy and public transportation.
Prior to serving in this role he was responsible for strategic market planning, new business development and government affairs for vRide Inc., the nation’s largest provider of commuter vanpooling services (acquired by Enterprise Holdings in 2016.) His influence was instrumental in the creation of the FTA Capital Cost of Contracting, the inclusion of the Private Investment in Commuter Vanpooling Act in MAP‐21, attainment of Buy America waivers for Vans and Minivans, and achieving permanent parity of the Qualified Transportation Fringe Benefit with the parking benefit in the federal tax code.
A civil engineering graduate of the University of Cincinnati, Jon was formerly Director of Transit Research at the Joint (FTA‐FHWA‐TXDOT) Center for Urban Mobility Research at Rice University. He served the Office of Budget and Policy of the Federal Transit Administration as a consultant on private sector involvement in public transportation, transit service contracting, innovative transit financing, and as a traveling instructor of activity‐based cost analysis for transit agencies.
In recognition of his efforts and years of service to the field of Transportation demand Management, Jon was the recipient of the prestigious Bob Owens TDM Champion Award in 2010.
- Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT)
- Past President (2005-08), Chair of the Public Policy Committee (2009-18)
- National Center for Transit Research (NCTR)
- Member of the Advisory Board (2011-Current)
- Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR)
- Member of the Advisory Board (2015-Current), Vice Chair (2020-Current)
- National Institute for Congestion Reduction (NICR)
- Member, Executive Advisory Board (2019-Current)
- American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
- Legislative Committee (2017-Current)
- Federal Procedures & Regulations Subcommittee
- Funding, Finance and Tax Policy Subcommittee
- Innovative Funding, Finance and P3 Committee (2017-Current)
- Blue Ribbon Panel of Experts
- Appointed to serve on the 75-member advisory panel chosen to support the National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission.