The Drug and Alcohol Program Management (DAPM) Certification Program is designed specifically for Florida’s transit agencies’ Designated Employer Representatives (DERs) – those who manage the implementation of drug and alcohol…
Certificate programs in partnership with FDOT and CUTR
- Commuter Choice Certificate – contact Christine Epps and Sara Hendricks for more information
- Social Marketing in Transportation Certificate – contact Christine Epps and Sara Hendricks for more information
Certifications offered by CUTR and partners
- Easterseals Certified Travel Training Instruction
- ADA Complementary Paratransit Manager Certification (co-sponsored with Easterseals Project Action)
- Florida Commuter Transportation Summit: The Florida Commuter Transportation Summit is an annual event that includes innovative presentations on transportation demand management topics and updates from the FDOT districts. Recipients of the Florida Travel Choices Awards and Commuters Choice Certificate and Social Marketing in Transportation Graduates are recognized, as well as a recognition of the Florida Best Workplaces for Commuters members for the current year.
- FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop & Transit Safety and Operations Summit: This unique professional development workshop is sponsored by the Florida Public Transportation Association, the Florida Department of Transportation and the USF Center for Urban Transportation Research. This statewide FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop offers a unique professional development opportunity for Florida’s public transportation supervisors, front-line employees, and other key staff in operations, maintenance, marketing, planning and administration. This one-stop-workshop offers excellent opportunities to learn from industry experts, attend professional development training, gather information about innovative industry research, and network with peers. The Florida Transit Safety and Operations Network (FTSON) will be hosting its Annual Transit Safety and Operations Summit the day before the Professional Development Workshop. This summit is open to all Florida public transit professionals who are interested in promoting and improving transit system safety and operations. (Save the Date: June 3-5, 2024)
Other Resources for the Community
Other courses and webinars
NICR MPO Congestion Reduction Training
Videos in this training program describe the important role metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs) and MPO Board members have in leading the federally required metropolitan transportation planning process, including managing congestion. The videos describe the authority and responsibilities of MPOs, the nature of congestion and techniques to reduce congestion, when it is or is not appropriate to tackle congestion, and actions MPOs can take to address congestion.
Out of My Lane Podcast
Explore CUTR’s outreach and research with distinguished faculty and staff on the Out of My Lane podcast. Wayne Garcia discusses the safety and future of transportation in Florida, the United States, and the world!
Shifting Narratives to Prevent Bicyclist & Pedestrian Deaths
This self-paced, online course teaches journalists, law enforcement officers, and transportation professionals how we might tap into what we know about language in order to shift the narrative and prevent bicyclist and pedestrian deaths. Learn more.
Florida Transit Safety and Workforce Development Program
- Florida Rural Transit Assistance Program (RTAP)
- Florida Transit Safety and Operations Network (FTSON)
- Florida Statewide Transit Training and Technical Assistance (STTAT) Program
- Substance Abuse Management (SAM) Resource Site