Hi, I am Peng Chen, and I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Public Affairs at the University of South Florida and affiliated faculty at CUTR. I have interdisciplinary backgrounds in urban planning, transportation engineering, human geography, and statistics. Right now, I teach Transportation and Land Use, Economic Development, and Quantitative Analysis for Planners.

My research fields include shared mobility, personalized incentives-trigged travel behavior change, travel behavior and the built environment, and safety for non-motorized transportation modes. My research relies heavily on quantitative analysis.

I have published articles in top transportation planning journals, such as Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Journal of Transport Geography, Accident Analysis and Prevention, and Urban Studies. I have also served the academic community by acting as a reviewer for many journals. I am an editorial board member of Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. I was awarded best paper for Session F Transportation and Land Use at the 14th World Conference on Transport Research. My previous research was supported by the Peking University-Lincoln Institute Center for Urban Development in Beijing.

Welcome, Dr. Chen! 🎉