Contributing to the education of future transportation professionals has been a primary goal of CUTR since its establishment. By working closely with student assistants on research projects and student organizations and activities, serving as theses advisers, assisting students with job placement, teaching transportation and related courses, and developing an interdisciplinary transportation program at USF, CUTR faculty are dedicated to the professional and educational development of students in the College of Engineering and throughout USF. CUTR is committed to assisting the state in training Florida’s brightest students for successful careers in transportation for the benefit of the citizens of Florida and the nation.
Each year, positions as research assistants are awarded to graduate and undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines. Their skills in research, writing, statistical analysis, geographic information systems, management information systems, database management, and graphics are an important contribution to CUTR’s research program. In addition, students are provided with encouragement and assistance in co-authoring papers with CUTR faculty, attending and making presentations at local, state, and national conferences and meetings, and maintaining involvement in professional organizations and societies.
- Fall 2016 – Transportation_Course_Offerings
- USF’s Transportation Systems Analysis certificate
- Urban & Regional Planning Program
- Institute of Transportation Engineers, Student Chapter
- Southeastern Transportation Center Education Program
Applying to USF
- Brosch Memorial Transportation Scholarship
- National Center for Transit Research Student of the Year ($1,000): Criteria