Information for Transportation Students
Contributing to the education of future transportation professionals has been a primary goal of CUTR since its establishment. By working closely with student assistants on research projects and student organizations and activities, serving as theses advisers, assisting students with job placement, teaching transportation and related courses, and developing an interdisciplinary transportation program at USF, CUTR faculty are dedicated to the professional and educational development of students in the College of Engineering and throughout USF. CUTR is committed to assisting the state in training Florida’s brightest students for successful careers in transportation for the benefit of the citizens of Florida and the nation.
Each year, positions as research assistants are awarded to graduate and undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines. Their skills in research, writing, statistical analysis, geographic information systems, management information systems, database management, and graphics are an important contribution to CUTR’s research program. In addition, students are provided with encouragement and assistance in co-authoring papers with CUTR faculty, attending and making presentations at local, state, and national conferences and meetings, and maintaining involvement in professional organizations and societies.
- Spring 2019 – Transportation Course Offerings
- USF’s Transportation Systems Analysis certificate
- Urban & Regional Planning Program
- Institute of Transportation Engineers, Student Chapter
- Southeastern Transportation Center Education Program
We advise all students to get involved in one of our fantastic student organizations! These groups provide a collegial environment on campus with professional and social events, and vibrant connections to the transportation profession in the Tampa Bay Area and across Florida. You can join these groups easily through the BullSync system and we encourage you to get involved and volunteer to help, or run for an office!
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Student Chapter at USF
- WTS USF Women in Transportation Society
- LiveMove Active Transportation Student Organization at USF
- Student Planning Organization at USF
- Bike Club at USF
- Real Estate Society at USF
- Graduate and Professional Student Council
Applying to USF
- USF Scholarships and Financial Aid
- USF College of Engineering Scholarships
- Brosch Memorial Transportation Scholarship
- FHWA Eisenhower Program