Member of the Transportation Demand Management Group (TDM) within CUTR. The TDM Group conducts sponsored research for government clients at the local, state, and national level on issues relating to maximizing the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the transportation system through strategies that influence travel behavior. The TDM Group provides technical support to transportation agencies through the Florida statewide and national clearinghouses, conducts the Florida Commuter Choice Certificate Program that provides professional training, administers several listservs for professionals of various transportation technical specialties, conducts nationwide webcasts that provide credits for maintaining professional certifications, and conducts and publishes research on a wide range of topics through the National Center for Transit Research.
Senior Research Associate April 1992 — present
Center for Urban Transportation Research, College of Engineering, University of South Florida
Project manager and project team member in the conduct of sponsored research, research dissemination, provision of technical assistance, and teaching. Co-Director of the New North Transportation Alliance.
- “A Summary of Design, Policies and Operational Characteristics for Shared Bicycle/Bus Lanes.” Co-Principal Investigator with Lead Investigator Edward Hillsman, Ph.D. http://www.nctr.usf.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/77937.pdf
- “Programs that Match Seniors with Volunteer Drivers, Practical Recommendations for Organizations and Policy Makers”, October 2008. This project specifically investigated liability and insurance issues. http://www.nctr.usf.edu/pdf/77717.pdf
- “Commuter Choice Program Case Study Development and Analysis”, August 2004. http://www.nctr.usf.edu/pdf/527-06.pdf
- “2003 Transportation Management Association Survey”, a study of operational characteristics of TMAs in the United States and Canada, April 2004. http://www.nctr.usf.edu/clearinghouse/pdf/526-101.pdf
- “Land Developer Participation in Providing for Bus Transit Facilities/Operations”, March 2002. http://www.nctr.usf.edu/pdf/Land%20Developer.pdf