Rakesh Rangaswamy was appointed in 2018 as Research Assistant under Dr. Sara Hendricks for Travel Demand Modeling (TDM) team at Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) and currently working under Dr.Lin for ITS Team. Rakesh primary research interests are in intelligent transportation systems, multimodal transportation, and planning and operation safety.
M.E., Civil Engineering, University of South Florida, 2018
B.E., Civil engineering, NITTE, India 2016
Diploma in Construction Technology, India, 2012
- Auto Cad and Staad Pro V8i Trainer at M/S CADD Centre, Bangalore (2012-2013)
- Guest Lecturer at Dept. of Architecture in ACHARYA POLYTECHNIC (2013)
- Structural Draftsman (RCC Structures & Road Highways) at M/S DESCONS Structural Consultancy (2013-2015)
- Research Assistant guided by Dr.Lin, Dr.Wang, Dr.Cong, Dr.YuZhang (2017)
- Graduate Research Assistant guided by Dr.Sara Hendricks (2018)
- Graduate Research Assistant guided by Dr.Lin, Dr.Wang, Dr.Cong, Dr.YuZhang (2018-present)
- Certified AUTOCAD Tutor, Bangalore, India (2015).
- Undertaken Staad Po Training, Chennai, India (2014).
- Revit Training, Bangalore, India.
- NOCoE Transportation Tournament, FDOT,USA (2018)
- Leadership Summit at UF,USA (2018)
- Tampa CV Piolet and TMC Tour Field Trip, USA (2018)
- Speaker & Research Poster at UTC Conference, NC, USA (2018)
- Student Poster Competition Winner TEAMFL/CUTR, USA (2018)