Gennaro “Rino” Saliceto is currently a Bus System Safety and Security Reviewer at the Center for Urban Transportation Research. Prior to joining CUTR, Rino was the Safety, Security, and Training Coordinator for Space Coast Area Transit.
He has over twenty years of experience in safety, security, and training. He started his career as a Lieutenant in the Italian Army, where he was responsible for safety, security and training for the transportation department in his battalion.
Once honorably discharged from the Army, he moved to Spain where he continued to work in the transportation field as a consultant in safety, security, and training for Public Transport in Valencia. There he was appointed as the Director of the Transportation Center that provided consultant services. In 2009, Rino moved to the United States where he continued his career as the Transportation Supervisor for Key West Transit in Key West, Florida.
- FDOT Transit Drug and Alcohol Testing Program Manager Certificate
- FDOT Florida Transit Operator Trainer Training Program Certificate
- Safety Instructor Senior Level (CSI-SL)
- Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP) Certificate
- World Safety Organization – Certified Safety Executive (WSO CSE)