Register now for the 2022-23 Social Marketing in Transportation Certificate program that begins on September 14, 2022.
Now in its tenth year, this certificate was developed jointly by the University of South Florida’s Center for Urban Transportation Research and the Florida Prevention Research Center/Center for Social Marketing. The workshop was developed to help transportation professionals learn how to develop more effective, efficient, and sustainable solutions to the transportation problems facing our communities.
The workshop systematically and interactively presents social marketing and how to apply its elements to advancing travel behavior change, which includes:
- How social marketing can help you design better programs
- How to identify and select your behavioral focus
- How to segment your audience to better focus on how people differ in wants, ways, and barriers that will affect their willingness to change.
- How to conduct formative research from interviews to journey mapping to gain insight
- How to apply theories of change
- How to create a positioning statement and identify tools of change
- How to apply creative thinking techniques
- How to concept test and pretest campaigns
What others have said about the workshop:
- “I got a lot out of this class and I’m very glad I had the opportunity to take it! Breaking down a complex concept like social marketing into concrete steps is very helpful when undertaking such large projects, and I feel this class gave me a great roadmap to follow for both launching new programs and reevaluating existing efforts in my area.”
- “I appreciated that each theory/concept was compared with an example that was relatable.”
- “The hands-on instruction and targeted material are great. I feel like I’m getting a very solid understanding of the principles behind effective social marketing and how to use them.”
USF’s Social Marketing in Transportation Certificate program begins on September 14, 2022, and runs until March 1, 2023. The workshop consists of 21, one-hour virtual sessions, which are held once per week from noon to 1 PM ET. Sessions are recorded for viewing later if you must miss a session.
The workshop is free for Florida residents. The registration fee for those who live outside the state of Florida is $375. A special discount rate applies to current members of Best Workplaces for Commuters and current registrants in the Commuter Choice Certificate program, who may register for $340. The lead instructor is Mahmooda Khaliq Pasha, Ph.D., who is an assistant professor and the associate director for the World Health Organization Collaborating Center on Social Marketing and Social Change at the University of South Florida. Co-instructor is Phil Winters, TDM-CP, who is the director of the Transportation Demand Management program at CUTR.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org