iCan Bike Camp: June 13 – 17, 2022
Requirements and duties for a Volunteer Spotter
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- No prior experience working with people with disabilities is necessary.
- Must be available to attend the one‐hour orientation on the Sunday prior to the camp.
- Encouraged to commit to attending one 75‐minute session all 5 days of camp for the session selected. Riders bond with their assigned volunteer(s) and rely on the same person to be there to support them each day of camp. It’s understood this is not always a possibility and we will welcome volunteers any days they can attend.
- Provide encouragement and physical support, as needed.
- Must be physically fit, such that they can walk/jog/run beside Riders on the bike for most of the 75‐minute session (with short breaks) for 5 days Monday through Friday. Volunteer spotters will walk/jog approximately 3 miles during each 75‐minute session so please keep this in mind if considering volunteering for multiple sessions.
- Strong enough to hold the bike and rider in the event of a fall.
For more information contact:
Brentin Mosher, Program Planner, Center for Urban Transportation Research at USF 813‐974‐9215 / firstname.lastname@example.org