Registration is open for the 2022 FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop & Transit Safety and Operations Summit to be held on June 6-8, 2022 at the Embassy Suites-USF in Tampa, Florida. This unique professional development workshop is hosted by the Florida Public Transportation Association, the Florida Department of Transportation and the USF Center for Urban Transportation Research.
The statewide workshop offers a unique professional development opportunity for Florida’s public transportation supervisors, front-line employees, and other key staff in operations, maintenance, marketing, planning, and administration. This one-stop-workshop offers excellent opportunities to learn from industry experts, attend professional development training, gather information about innovative industry research, and network with peers.
The 2022 Florida Transit Safety and Operations Summit will be held on Monday, June 6, 2022. This annual event, sponsored by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and the Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA) and hosted by Florida’s Transit Safety and Operations Network (FTSON), will once again bring a slate of national speakers, opportunities for interaction and engagement with your peers, and fresh and enlightening conversation.
Registration is FREE to all FPTA members and 5310-only agencies. There is a $75 registration fee for non-members. For additional membership information please contact Lisa Bacot, FPTA Executive Director.
The Workshop is for mid-level managers, supervisors, trainers, and other key staff currently employed by Florida public agencies (e.g.: Florida transit systems, FDOT, etc.), Community Transportation Coordinators, planning agencies, transportation providers, and/or FPTA members.
- Florida Transit Safety and Operations Summit
- Sustaining Service and Transit Staffing during Unprecedented Times
- Effective Practices in Bus Transit Accident Investigations (FTA Report 0204)
- FTA Drug & Alcohol Regulatory Updates and Program Compliance Tips
- Attracting and Retaining a Diverse Workforce
- LPIP/FAPT Meeting
- Transit and Cyber Security: Lessons Learned from the Field
- Persona-building: A user-centered approach to understanding and addressing the needs of our transit customers
- See Something, Say Something: Noticing and Responding to the Signs of Suicide
- TMAARC/FTMC Meeting
- Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (FTA Report 0179)
- Preparing for FTA Drug and Alcohol Program Audits and FDOT Triennial Reviews
- Succession Planning: Cultivating Transit’s Next Generation
- Small and Rural Roundtable
- Shared Mobility Session
- Transit System Electrification from Conceptual Planning through Smart Operational Design to Sustainable Maintenance Implementation
- Pre-Trip Inspections PLUS
- The Healthy Buddy Program: Addressing Immobility in Transportation-Disadvantaged Older Adults through a Community-Based Initiative
- Complete Streets and Transit Access and Safety Evaluation Tools
- Autonomous Vehicle Session
- Complying with Your Public Transit Agency Safety Plan
- Hurricane Preparedness 2022
- Transit Service Planning and Development in Partnership with Community Based Organizations, Volunteers and Customer Advocates
- Unlocking your Creative Potential
- FDOT Central Office/District Meeting
For questions about registration please contact Stephanie Lewis or call (813) 974-1123.