The 2021 FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop will be held virtually throughout May, June, July. This unique professional development workshop is sponsored by the Florida Public Transportation Association, the Florida Department of Transportation and the USF Center for Urban Transportation Research.
The 2021 FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop is celebrating 20 years with 27 virtual sessions.
This statewide FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop offers a unique professional development opportunity for Florida’s public transportation supervisors, front-line employees, and other key staff in operations, maintenance, marketing, planning and administration. This one-stop-workshop offers excellent opportunities to learn from industry experts, attend professional development training, gather information about innovative industry research, and network with peers.
The Workshop is for mid-level managers, supervisors, trainers, and other key staff currently employed by Florida public agencies (e.g.: Florida transit systems, FDOT, etc.), Community Transportation Coordinators, planning agencies, transportation providers, and/or Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA) members.
- May 12: Welcome Session: FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop
- May 13: TDP and TDSP Coordinated Planning Techniques and TDSP Ridership Forecasting
- May 17: Ridership and COVID-19? Learn how gaining a deeper understanding of your market through social marketing can help to plan for behavior change
- May 19: Florida Transit Maintenance Consortium Meeting
- May 21: Bicycle Friendly Driver Course for Transit Operators
- May 24: Safety Performance Metrics for Small and Rural Transit Agencies
- May 26: Managing Small Rural Agency Outsourced Fleet Maintenance
- May 28: Shared Mobility Session
June session dates:
- June 8: Transit Capacity and Quality of Service Manual
- June 10: Drug & Alcohol Program Management for “5310-only” Agencies
- June 14: Fare Free Transit Systems: Issues and Opportunities
- June 16: The Journey Forward: Advancing Equity in Transportation Planning
- June 18: TRIPS Invoicing and Procurement Procedures & Battery Electric Bus Challenges
- June 21: Rural Public Transportation and Mobility Management Trends and Opportunities
- June 23: Florida Transit Safety and Operations (FTSON) Quarterly Meeting
- June 25: Florida Association of Paratransit Technicians
- June 28: Emergency Management Tabletop Exercises for Small and Rural Transit Agencies
July session dates:
- July 9: Be Equipped to Be Successful
- July 12: Embracing the Change: Partnering with Taxi and TNC Services to Enhance Public Transportation
- July 14: Introducing New Statewide Cost Allocation Resources: Moving Towards a Consistent and Coordinated Approach
- July 16: Introduction to Hazard Risk Assessments
- July 19: FTA Drug & Alcohol Regulatory Updates and Program Resources
- July 21: PSTA and DTPW celebrate two first-of-their-kind premium transit service initiatives in the Tampa Bay and South Florida regions
- July 22: Automated Vehicles Session
- July 27: Florida Small and Rural Transit Agency Defensive Driving Training Program
- July 28: Small and Rural Transit Agency Roundtable Discussion
- July 30: TRIPS Invoicing and Procurement Procedures
August session date:
- August 25: Introducing New Statewide Cost Allocation Resources: Moving Towards a Consistent and Coordinated Approach
For questions about registration please contact Stephanie Lewis or call (813) 974-1123.