The 2021 FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop will be held virtually throughout May, June, July. This unique professional development workshop is sponsored by the Florida Public Transportation Association, the Florida Department of Transportation and the USF Center for Urban Transportation Research.
The 2021 FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop is celebrating 20 years with 28 virtual sessions.
This statewide FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop offers a unique professional development opportunity for Florida’s public transportation supervisors, front-line employees, and other key staff in operations, maintenance, marketing, planning and administration. This one-stop-workshop offers excellent opportunities to learn from industry experts, attend professional development training, gather information about innovative industry research, and network with peers.
The Workshop is for mid-level managers, supervisors, trainers, and other key staff currently employed by Florida public agencies (e.g.: Florida transit systems, FDOT, etc.), Community Transportation Coordinators, planning agencies, transportation providers, and/or Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA) members.
- May 12: Welcome Session: FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop
- May 13: TDP and TDSP Coordinated Planning Techniques and TDSP Ridership Forecasting
- May 17: Ridership and COVID-19? Learn how gaining a deeper understanding of your market through social marketing can help to plan for behavior change
- May 19: Florida Transit Maintenance Consortium Meeting
- May 21: Bicycle Friendly Driver Course for Transit Operators
- May 24: Safety Performance Metrics for Small and Rural Transit Agencies
- May 26: Managing Small Rural Agency Outsourced Fleet Maintenance
- May 28: Shared Mobility Session
For questions about registration please contact Stephanie Lewis or call (813)-974-1123.