Boise Commuter Transportation Workshop
This Commuter Transportation Workshop will be held in downtown Boise hosted by ACHD Commuteride and facilitated by the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR). ACHD Commuteride was offered the opportunity to host a workshop and is one of only three sites selected to participate nationally through a research grant provided by the Center for Transportation Equity, Decisions & Dollars (CTEDD). The workshop will be led by two of CUTR’s senior researchers: Amy Lester, PhD, MPH and Julie Bond, MPA.
The workshop will address the downtown parking challenge in Boise and develop implementable strategies using a social marketing approach. Attendees will learn skills such as creating journey maps (walking in the customer’s shoes), segmenting the market (members of a market segment have some commonality), and pretesting materials (ensuring communication materials are understood) to address this specific challenge.
- Friday, March 9, 2018
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Time: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. (Mountain time)
In-Person Workshop Sessions:
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Mountain time)
Lunch provided both days during the workshop sessions.
404 South 8th Street, Suite 204
Cost: No cost, Registration is required.
Attire: Business Casual
What does the attendee receive?
- Certificate of completion
- Commuter Choice Certificate credits
- USB flash drive with course materials
- Workbook (includes worksheets)
- Name recognition in Case Study publication
- Group photo option
What does the attendee need to bring to class?
- Laptop encouraged, but not required
- Magazine (Any type that can be cut up for classroom activity)
The format of this course will include:
- Two, 60-minute interactive online courses
- Two, consecutive days of in-person training
- One, 60-minute interactive webinar 30 days after completion of the certificate course