10/3/2018. This workshop in Arlington, Texas is full and registration is closed.
This Commuter Transportation Workshop will be held at the University of Texas at Arlington hosted by Center for Transportation Equity, Decisions & Dollars (CTEDD) and facilitated by the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR). The University of Texas Arlington is one of only three sites nationally hosting a workshop through a research grant provided by CTEDD. The workshop will be led by CUTR senior researchers, Amy Lester, PhD, MPH and Julie Bond, MPA.
The workshop will address transportation challenges and develop implementable strategies using a social marketing approach. Attendees will learn skills such as creating journey maps (walking in the customer’s shoes), segmenting the market (members of a market segment have some commonality), and pretesting materials (ensuring communication materials are understood) to address this specific challenge. Registration is CLOSED. Seating is limited.
- Friday, October 5, 2018
- Friday, October 12, 2018
Time: 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (EDT)
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (CDT)
Online sessions will be recorded.
In-Person Workshop Sessions:
- Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Friday, October 19, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (CDT)
Lunch provided both days during the workshop sessions.
College of Architecture, Planning, and Public Affairs
The University of Texas at Arlington
601 W. Nedderman Drive, Room 201
Arlington, TX 76019-0108
Hotels: Hotels close to the workshop location include:
Workshop Cost: Free. Registration is required.
Attire: Business Casual
What does the attendee receive?
- Certificate of completion
- Commuter Choice Certificate credits
- USB flash drive with course materials
- Workbook (includes worksheets)
- Name recognition in Case Study publication
- Group photo option
What does the attendee need to bring to class?
- Laptop encouraged, but not required
- Magazine (Any type that can be cut up for classroom activity)
The format of this course will include:
- Two, 60-minute interactive online courses
- Two, consecutive days of in-person training
- One, 60-minute interactive webinar 30 days after completion of the certificate course