Rui Guo has worked with the ITS program at CUTR since 2015. Her research interests focus on traffic operations, traffic simulation and modeling, multi-modal transportation safety, naturalistic behavioral study, transportation sustainability in urban and air transportation. She has conducted 10+ funded research projects, presented her studies in the transportation meetings and published several research papers in the peer-reviewed journals.
SELECTED PROJECT EXPERIENCE:
- Application of Demographic Analysis to Pedestrian Safety (FDOT)
- Understanding Interactions between Drivers and Pedestrian Features at Signalized Intersections, Phase 1 and 2 (FHWA/ FDOT)
- Development of Statewide Guidelines for Implementing Leading Pedestrian Intervals in Florida (FDOT)
- Statewide Guidelines for Implementing Leading Pedestrian Intervals in Florida (FDOT)
- Naturalistic Bicycling Behavior Pilot Study (FDOT)
- Role of Air Cargo in Tampa Bay Regional Goods Movement (FDOT)
- Deriving Benefits from Alternative Aircraft-Taxi Systems (ACRP)
- Coordinated Pre-Preemption of Traffic Signals to Enhance Railroad Grade Crossing Safety in Urban Areas and Estimation of Train Impacts to Arterial Delay (FDOT)
- Florida Comprehensive Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Program (FDOT)
- Guo, R., Zhang, Y., & Wang, Q. (2014). Comparison of emerging ground propulsion systems for electrified aircraft taxi operations. Transportation Research Part C, 44, 98-109.
- Guo, R., & Zhang, Y. (2014). Exploration of correlation between environmental factors and mobility at signalized intersections. Transportation Research Part D, 32, 24-34.
- Guo, R., & Zhang, Y. (2014). Identifying time-of-day breakpoints based on nonintrusive data collection platforms. Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems, 18(2), 164-174.
- Lin, P. S., Wang, Z., & Guo, R. (2016). Impact of Connected Vehicles and Autonomous Vehicles on Future Transportation. In 29th ICTPA Conference, Taiwan.
- Lin, P. S., Wang, Z., Guo, R., & Kourtellis, A. (2016). Study on Interactions between Driver Behaviors and Pedestrian Features at Signalized Intersections: Using the SHARP2 Naturalistic Driving Study (NDS) Data. In 29th ICTPA Conference, Taiwan.
- Guo, R., & Zhang, Y. (2016). Integrated Multi-Criteria Signal Timing Optimization for Arterial Progression. In Transportation Research Board 95st Annual Meeting (No.16-3875).
- Guo, R., Zhang, Y., & Wang, Q. (2015). Operational Impact of Electrified Taxiing on Block Time and Relevant Airline Costs. InTransportation Research Board 94th Annual Meeting (No. 15-3660).
- Xu, C., Wang, W., Liu, P., Guo, R., & Li, Z. (2014). Using the Bayesian updating approach to improve the spatial and temporal transferability of real-time crash risk prediction models.Transportation research part C, 38, 167-176.
Ph.D. — University of South Florida 01/2011- 05/2015
Major: Transportation Engineering in Civil & Environmental Engineering
M.C.E.– University of South Florida 08/2010- 12/2011
Major: Transportation and Systems Engineering GPA 3.9/4.0
B.S. — Southeast University 08/2004- 06/2008
Major: Transportation Engineering Minor: Structure Engineering
Specialties: traffic simulation & optimization, data mining, econometric models, sustainable multimodal transportation systems